Great news! Hats are THE fashion accessory for Fall 2011 — what a perfect opportunity to expand your collection and express your own personal style.
Here are 11 tips for hat pros and beginners alike:
- Start with neutrals that mix and match with your entire wardrobe.
- Look for different fabrics, textures and patterns to add diversity — consider knits, wools, felts and blends.
- Comfort matters as much as looks. Try silk or satin linings.
- Check for details that help with a secure fit: adjustable exterior bands or hidden interior bands allow for a customized grip.
- Be bold! Add a bright solid for a chic accent to give a summer wide brim an autumn flair.
- Mix it up! Incorporate a style that’s completely different from what you usually wear, perhaps a cloche, fedora, military or cabbie style.
- Go for drama! Black black black.
- Take advantage of this season’s unique stylings: coarse knitted, vintage, crocheted and fur with flaps. Find accents of buckles, ribbon, waxed and double rope bands.
- Choose colors that compliment your skin tone or bring out your best feature.
- Find at least one hat that’s crushable and packable to help make traveling stress-free.
- Include at least one hat with a large or mid-sized brim to protect your face and neck from the sun.
Still living in that baseball cap? Why not make this a rut-free season by opting for variety? You’ll be surprised at how something as simple as changing your hat can add zest to your mood and entire day.