Here's my thinking for perking up a black coat, staying warm, comfy and adding color to combat gray skies.
- Hats, scarves and fabrics that feel really soft against my neck, face and scalp
- Hues that flatter my skin
- Mixing colors for contrast, texture and a happiness factor
- Layering a liner for extra warmth and volume
- Clipping on compact "hair" for greater ease tossing scarves and shoulder straps (a change from my usual long straight locks)
Color: My favorite, fuschia
Texture: Wavy, feminine and soft scarf to contrast with solid puffer-coats.
Length: Long scarf for an elongating vertical line; hat filler for height
Layers: Under-hat stretch liner + curly hair gripping the liner + Belgian cashmere hat pulled over all
Note: A straw or braided summer-weight hat would work just as well in warmer weather
|Hair on claw clip||Clip attached to liner||
I've never ever worn curly hair, so this was totally fun to have these curls dancing around. Do you have layering ideas and creative combinations? Share with us in the comments below!